BANFIELD TRANSITWAY PROJECT
The basis for its recommendation for a light-rail transit system serving downtown Portland and its eastern suburbs is explained by the Tri-Met staff in this report. Evaluation of 5 alternatives from continuation of conventional bus service through transit lanes on expressways and separate busways to light rail are examined in terms of operating cost, capital cost, ridership, operating considerations, regional growth, community impact, downtown impact, community support and energy consumption.
Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of OregonPlanning and Development Department, 4314 Southeast 17th Avenue
Portland, OR United States 97202
- Publication Date: 1978-8-24
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Competition; Financing; Government funding; Light rail transit; Public transit; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Portland (Oregon)
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00300550
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1982 12:00AM