THERMOPLASTIC STRIPING WITH IMPROVED DURABILITY AND SNOWPLOW RESISTANCE-EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND DRAFT SPECIFICATIONS
This report presents a summary of the literature, formulation, development, laboratory and field testing of thermoplastic pavement marking systems for use in areas subject to snowplowing. Characteristics of these thermoplastic striping systems bonded to portland cement concrete and asphaltic cement concrete pavements in service and factors that enhance the adhesion of these systems onto pavements are summarized. Draft specifications of a functional type and one including a generic thermoplastic formulation are also presented.
- Sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Hofener, S D
- Woods, D L
- Publication Date: 1977-8-31
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Asphalt concrete; Durability; Pavements; Portland cement concrete; Reviews; Road markings; Snowplows; Striping; Thermoplastic materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Resistance; Traffic marking
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00300467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-79- 14 Final Rpt., FCP 31I3-132
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8800
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1979 12:00AM