MANUAL FOR MAINTENANCE INSPECTION OF BRIDGES 1978
This manual serves as a standard and provides uniform procedures and policies determining the physical condition and maintenance needs of highway bridges. The qualifications of inspection personnel, the frequency of inspection, inspection procedures and reports are covered, and the importance of complete and accurate recording of every highway bridge is stressed. The contents of inventory reports are discussed, and the rating of bridges is detailed. Specifications (loadings, distribution of loads, allowable stress method, load factor method) for checking capacities of existing bridges are also detailed. Charts and tables relating to live load moments and reactions, and formulae for maximum shear and maximum moment are given, as well as structure inventory and appraisal sheet. Typical legal load specifications for rating steel beam and girder bridges by load factor design are included.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Girder bridges; Highway capacity; Inspection; Inspectors; Inventory; Live loads; Load factor; Load transfer; Loads; Maintenance; Manuals; Metal bridges; Moments (Mechanics); Reports; Shear strength; Specifications; Steel bridges
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge capacity; Steel beams
- Old TRIS Terms: Moments
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00300373
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM