GUIDE SPECIFICATIONS FOR FRACTURE CRITICAL NON-REDUNDANT STEEL BRIDGE MEMBERS
This fracture plan assigns responsiblity for specifying which, if any, steel bridge member or member components falls in the category of "fracture critical", and requires that such members or member components be fabricated by plants with personnel organization, experience, knowledge and equipment capable of producing quality workmanship. The plan specifies material toughness values, and specifies requirements in addition to AASHTO Standard Specifications for Welding of Structural Steel Highway Bridges. Welding inspector requirements and nondestructive testing personnel requirements are also covered. Welding requirements and procedures are described in detail.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge members; Fabrication; Fracture mechanics; Inspectors; Metal bridges; Nondestructive tests; Personnel; Specifications; Steel bridges; Toughness; Welding
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00300372
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM