AIR FREIGHT DECISION TOOL (AFDT)
The Air Freight Decision Tool (AFDT) is a subsystem of the Distribution Cost Analysis System (DCAS). The latter system consists of 2 separate computer-based analytical models; the AFDT and the Douglas Air Cargo Planning Model (DACPLAN). The AFDT, which as developed to aid the potential air shipper in analyzing this total distribution costs, is designed to calculate and compare the distribution cost differences between air and surface modes of transport for the specific products of the shipper. The AFDT program and methodology are described, and the input requirements are detailed. The output displays and analyses are also described. The AFDT benefits are noted. Information on timesharing, and an AFDT case study are presented in appendices.
Douglas Aircraft Company, Incorporated3855 Lakewood Boulevard
Long Beach, CA United States 90801
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Airlines; Analysis; Costs; Decision making; Simulation; Traffic managers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Shippers
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00300186
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C1-803-1828-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM