CRUDE TRANSFER HOSE SYSTEMS FOR OFFSHORE TERMINALS
A sampling of crude oil transfer hose designs and their related terminal systems are reviewed in this paper. The trend toward larger tanker designs in recent years and associated terminal facilities required to accommodate these large draft tankers are examined. In particular, the requirements for flexible hose transfer systems are examined as they relate to multi-buoy or mono-mooring installations. Problems which have been experienced at an existing multi-buoy discharge terminal and an existing mono-mooring discharge terminal are discussed. Design features of typical transfer hoses, including pressure requirements, flotation methods, flexible hose construction, and hose fittings and couplings are briefly reviewed.
- Abstract prepared by Texas A&M University Presented at the Offshore Exploration Conference, Feb. 16-18, 1968.
Offshore Exploration Conference2516 Via Tejon
Palos Verdes Estate, CA United States
- Knechtel, H G
- Publication Date: 1968-2
- Pagination: p. 397-426
- TRT Terms: Hoses; Intermodal transfer; Offshore terminals; Oils; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil hoses; Oil terminals; Oil transfer systems; Spm hoses and handling
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00050933
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Galveston
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM