FORECASTS OF AIR TRAFFIC AND CAPACITY AT AIRPORTS IN THE LONDON AREA
Forecasts of air traffic and capacity at airports in the London area up to 1985 are reviewed. Attention is drawn to the need for further work to be done on the possible diversion of air traffic from the London area to regional airports, and for greater attention to be paid to the constraints on airport use imposed by terminal and handling capacity and surface access, as well as runway capacity. The report is divided into the the following section: historical backgrounds; general considerations; estimates of passenger and freight traffic in 1980 and 1985; traffic at Luton, Stansted and Southend; effects of the channel tunnel; airport capacity: runway capacity; airport capacity: ground area capacity; airport capacity: other capacity restraints; uncertainties and margins of error in the forecasts; the balance between demand and capacity.
Civil Aviation Authority, England37 Gratton Road
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Access; Air traffic; Air transportation; Aircraft; Airport access; Airport capacity; Airport runways; Airports; Demand; Forecasting; Highway capacity; Intermodal terminals; Landside capacity; Traffic estimation; Traffic flow; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airspace capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Air traffic forecasts; Terminal facilitation; Traffic forecasts
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00291008
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 5 1974 12:00AM