A SHORT-RANGE TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT STUDY TECHNICAL MEMORANDA
These memoranda provide background and supporting information pertaining, among other things, to the existing transit system in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama urban area. The procedures and assumptions used in the development of performance indices and other data contained in the final report are identified. Peak-period directional passenger counts showing present patronage trends are discussed and a table presented showing transfer volume on the existing system. Also presented is the analysis and evaluation procedure used to develop the proposed transit system as described in the final report. Parameters and constraints unique to Tuscaloosa which influenced route selection are outlined and alternatives analyzed. A description of typical route scheduling envisioned for the recommended system is included. A table is presented showing transit travel times, including transfer wait times. Financial evaluation memorandum contains information pertaining to the procedures and estimates used in determining and analyzing the financial circumstances of the Tuscaloosa County Parking and Transit Authority. It is intended that this memorandum provide the basis for the Authority to contrast and modify, if necessary, revenue and expanditure estimates for the recommended five-year program. Tables and maps complement the text.
Bartholomew (Harland) and Associates188 Jefferson Avenue
Memphis, TN USA 38103
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Financing; Peak hour traffic; Route choice; Scheduling; Travel time; Urban transportation; Waiting time
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00267020
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-AL-09-003-74-2 Draft Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1981 12:00AM