CONCRETE PAVEMENTS, SWITZERLAND
The measurement is described (and conclusions are presented) of the deflection at various levels of a highway superstructure surfaced in concrete and having various types of foundation. A method is described for the forecast of the degree of resistance of the concretes to frost and to anit-freeze salts. The method is based on the observation of pores, on narrow cross-sections and ultra-violet rays. The method incorporates a novel means of observing the degree of saturation which permits the counting of the number of unsaturated pores in narrow cross-sections. In the overall assessment of the resistance of a concrete to frost and salts, the method uses coefficients which take account not only of the total content of the efficient pores, but also the poroportion of non-saturated pores, the flexural strength of the concrete and other observations made on the concrete structure. Limiting values have been fixed, permitting concretes to be classified in relation to their resistance to frost and to salts.
- Presented at the XIVth World Road Congress, Prague, Czechoslovakia, 1971.
Permanent International Assoc of Road Congresses43 Avenue du President Wilson
Paris 16eme, France
- BALDUZZI, F
- Giudicetti, F
- Dobrolubov, G
- Romer, B
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Concrete; Concrete pavements; Deflection; Deicers (Equipment); Frost; Pavement design; Pavements; Percent saturation; Pores (Geology); Ultraviolet radiation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deicers; Frost penetration; Pores
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway pavement; Pavement deflection
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00265721
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book III-14
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM