CONCRETE PAVEMENTS, INDIA
The results are presented of efforts in the areas of analytical study of design formulae for varying conditions under traffic, and the application of new design techniques. The results of studies on the rehabilitation and strengthening of old concrete pavements by rigid and flexible overlays are presented, as well as the results of efforts to economics on costs by utilization of site materials and the composite construction of pavements. Findings are presented of the study of regional climatic variation in the calculation of thermal stresses in concrete pavements, and of the use of bonding aids like epoxy resins in concrete repair work. The major areas of rigid pavement pavement construction are mentioned, and the Code of Practice and a quality control handbook are discussed. A serviceability rating study is being performed to establish the riding quality of pavements. Conclusions are presented which have been drawn from the experience gained.
- Presented at the XIVth World Road Congress, Prague, Czechoslovakia, 1971.
Permanent International Assoc of Road Congresses43 Avenue du President Wilson
Paris 16eme, France
- Datt, J
- Nambiar, K K
- Ghosh, R K
- Jagus, P J
- Iyengar, LCN
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Climate; Concrete pavements; Construction; Costs; Driver rehabilitation; Epoxy resins; Maintenance; Overlays (Pavements); Pavement design; Serviceability; Thermal stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Rehabilitation; Serviceability Index
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00265716
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book III-9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM