CONCRETE PAVEMENTS, CZECHOSLOVAKIA
New concepts are presented in the following fields of study: dynamic force within rigid roadways; quality control of the concrete used (test of tensile strength); thin pavement surfacings in concrete with steel wires (prestressing); and repairs to a damaged cement concrete pavement. Studies of dynamic force encompassed design problems and the useful life of pavements, while quality control studies encompassed properties of materials related to design. Maintenance problems and were also studied. Load tests (using shock) were used in determining the dynamic properties of concrete pavement, and three methods were developed using the analogue computer to establish the curvatures of the dynamic lines of flexion. Three types of construction were studied: Vibrocem, sets on penetration base, and cement concrete slabs on macadam. Investigations revealed that the life of concrete surface prestressed by steel wires subjected to repearted loads is greater than that of conventional concrete surfacing. It is recommended that reinforced concrete slabs laid on a bituminous mixture such as asphalt mortar be used when cement concrete is used to strengthen or remake damaged surface.
- Presented at the XIVth World Road Congress, Prague, Czechoslovakia, 1971.
Permanent International Assoc of Road Congresses43 Avenue du President Wilson
Paris 16eme, France
- Slachta, E
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete pavements; Curvature; Dynamics; Information processing; Load tests; Macadam; Maintenance; Pavement design; Pavements; Quality control; Service life; Steel wire; Surfaces; Tensile strength
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement life
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00265710
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book III-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM