CONCRETE SURFACES ON AUSTRIAN MOTORWAYS, AUSTRIA
The specifications are summarized which relate to the construction of the concrete pavements of Austrian mortorways since 1969. Tests for determining the amount of cement, and qualification tests for concreting materials intended for pavement construction are briefly reviewed. Comments are made on the subject of the possible distance between transverse joints and the meed for mats of steel reinforcement in concrete construction. The laying of pavements and the opening of the road to traffic are discussed, and quality tests during construction are outlined.
- Presented at the XIVth World Road Congress, Prague, Czechoslovakia, 1971.
Permanent International Assoc of Road Congresses43 Avenue du President Wilson
Paris 16eme, France
- Wrana, R
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete pavements; Highways; Paving; Quality control; Reinforcement (Engineering); Surfaces; Testing; Transverse joints
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00265708
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book III-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM