FLEXIBLE PAVEMENTS, CZECHOSLOVAKIA
A design method has been developed which is based on the assessment of working life, the criterion for which is the elastic flexion of a multilayer system roadway. The method gives consideration to elastic deflection, tensile and bending stresses, the depth of frost penetration into the roadway and subsoil, the water conditions, traffic intensity and the damage to construction materials. Studies were conducted on bituminous binders which included measurements of cohesion which is influenced by visiosity and the rate of deformation. A study of pavement structure incorporated a study of the strain properties of viscoelastic materials, and apparatus has been developed to take readings at three fundamental vibratory frequencies. Research has also been directed towards specification of the quantity of impurities contained in crushed aggregate.
- Presented at the XIVth World Road Congress, Prague, Czechoslovakia, 1971.
Permanent International Assoc of Road Congresses43 Avenue du President Wilson
Paris 16eme, France
- Kloboucek, B
- POLIACEK, I
- Stahl, J
- Luzemburk, F
- GSCHWENDT, I
- Smrcima, M
- Homolka, J
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Binders; Cohesion; Crushed aggregates; Elastic deformation; Evaluation; Flexible pavements; Frost susceptibility; Moisture content; Pavement design; Pavements; Service life; Specifications; Tension; Viscosity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tensile stress
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement life
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00265686
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book II-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM