DEVELOPMENT OF THE MILITARY CONSTRUCTION DATA SYSTEM (MCDS) PART I
This report discusses the interrelationships of projects involving data-gathering and data-processing that are currently being developed at the U.S. Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL) and lists the common data elements from these projects. Also examined is the Military Construction Data System (MCDS) Data Dictionary/Directory Model--its functions, data base structure, encoding and loading techniques, input/output retrieval commands, and updating methods--and sample retrievals. Finally, a data base management package evaluation scheme is presented, through which a data base management package developed by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), called the MIDMS, was examined and selected as the most efficient implementation of thw MCDS data bases.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- Lee, EKC
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Databases; Information retrieval; Management information systems; Military engineering
- Old TRIS Terms: Contacting
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00265635
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-P-26 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM