EVALUATION PLAN FOR ORBIS
This report contains the evaluation plan and experimental design for determining the effectiveness and usability of ORBIS, a proprietary device for automatically detecting and recording speeding motorists. The experimental evaluation will be conducted in two phases, in cooperation with several local jurisdictions who will install, operate, and maintain the ORBIS system. The first phase will examine changes in speed behavior due to ORBIS; the second will test for changes in accident rate and severity.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/HS409R4409
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Davis, P W
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Detectors; Evaluation; Prevention; Safety; Speed limits; Studies; Systems engineering; Traffic speed
- Old TRIS Terms: Detecting devices; Speed studies
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00265624
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- ISBN: HS409/R4409
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-801105 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM