ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM APPLICATION TO A MOTORCYCLE FRONT WHEEL
Antilock brake systems suitable for use on a motorcycle were investigated under an experimental safety motorcycle program. Due to program constraints, the only systems investigated were those already perfected by brake system manufacturers. This enabled utilization of the latest state-of-the-art principles to accomplish the desired result in the shortest time. Various types of systems and power sources were investigated. The system chosen for the motorcycle application was a fluid powered system in conjunction with a production hydraulic disc brake. Laboratory and field tests have been conducted with results exceeding expectations.
- Presented at the SAE West Coast Meeting, August 12-16, 1974, Anaheim, California.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Miennert, R J
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Antilock brake systems; Brakes; Field tests; Laboratory tests; Motorcycles; Skid resistance; Sorption
- Old TRIS Terms: Antiskid device
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00265621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #740630
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM