DETECTION OF ROCK DEFECTS BY FLOURESCENCE PHOTOGRAPHY
Minute visually indistinct features in rock specimens have been detected by introduction of a fluorescent penetrant into the micro-cracks and subsequently recording the crack pattern by fluorescence photography. Applications of the procedure in the study of weathering of a sedimentary rock aggregate, from Wandong, Victoria, are described.
Commonwealth Scientific Indus Res Org, AustraliaDivision of Applied Geomechanics
East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Walsh, J D
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Fluorescence; Microcracking; Photography; Physical properties; Rock fracture; Rocks; Sedimentary rocks; Weathering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Microcracks
- Old TRIS Terms: Rock properties
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00265456
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM