TRANSPORTATION PLANNING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA - A HISTORY OF INSTITUTIONAL FRUSTRATION
This article presents a brief description of the transportation situation in the Bay Area, and a short history of the transportation planning processes in that area. The area has the typical American urban situation, widely divided authority shared by numerous counties and cities. The Metropolitan Transportation Commission was established in 1970. MTC will decide such issues as whether there will be a BART extension to Livermore, etc.
- Transportation and the prospects for Improved Efficiency, Symposium sponsored by the National Science Foundation, Department of Transportation, Department of Housing and Urban Development and the National Academy of Engineering at the Eighth Autumn Meeting, 12-13 October 1972.
National Academy of Engineering2151 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Watt, P C
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: p. 179-185
- TRT Terms: Network analysis (Planning); Rapid transit; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00050856
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 15 1981 12:00AM