CONCRETE IN ALUM SHALE
BETONG I ALUNSKIFER
The study is reported and the results are presented which were obtained with concrete prisms (10 x 10 x 40 cms) exposed to alum shale ground water in a tunnel in the center of Oslo, for periods of time ranging from 11 to 20 years. The test data consists of 16 different series of which 9 have been exposed for 20 years, 5 for 14 years and 2 for 11 years. The main variable between the different series was the type of cement used. The cement content for all series was 290 kg/m (cube) concrete. The investigations included measurements of volume reduction, visual evaluation of degree of corrosion, ultrasonic measurement of dynamic E-modulus, and measurement of compression and bending strengths. A mutual comparison was performed of all the 16 test series after 11 years of exposure (corresponding to the age of the youngest sereis).
Norwegian Geotechnical InstituteOslo 3, Norway
- Fiskaa, O M
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Issue Number: 101
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Aluminum compounds; Bending; Cement; Compression; Concrete; Corrosion; Evaluation; Modulus of elasticity; Prisms; Shale; Testing; Ultrasonics; Visual perception; Volume changes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Comparative analysis
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00265369
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1975 12:00AM