TRUCK NOISE III-C. SOURCE ANALYSIS AND EXPERIMENTS WITH NOISE CONTROL TREATMENTS APPLIED TO FREIGHTLINER QUIETED TRUCK
The report describes the diagnostic tests and noise treatments developed to attenuate the noise of a Freightliner cab-over-engine (COE) diesel truck. In the course of the program, we measured the contributions of major truck components to the overall radiated noise level and applied appropriate noise control treatments. The program succeeded in reducing overall truck noise from 88 dB(A) to 72 dB(A).
- Prepared in cooperation with Freightliner Corp., Portland, Oreg. See also PB-224 953.
Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Incorporated50 Moulton Street
Cambridge, MA United States 02138
Office of Noise Abatement400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Freightliner Corporation2525 SW Third Avenue
Portland, OR United States 97201
- BENDER, E K
- Patterson, W N
- Kaye, M C
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 129 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Diesel trucks; Engines; Noise; Noise control; Testing; Traffic noise; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Cab over engine truck; Engine noise; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00265260
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-20095
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1975 12:00AM