METHODS FOR THE DETERMINATION OF THE LIQUID LIMIT (LIQUID LIMIT APPARATUS AND CONE PENETROMETER)
TECNICAS DE DETERMINACAO DO LIMITE DE LIQUIDEZ (CONCHA DE CASAGRANDE E PENETROMETRO DE CONE)
The method for determining the liquid limit has been the object of studies carried out in different countries, both in order to make the test quicker, by reducing the number of attempts with the liquid limit apparatus or by replacing this by a cone penetrometer, and to take into account the influence of the duration of the test. Versions adapted from foreign specifications for the test methods concerned, examples of applications and comments thereon, are presented in this report. The aim of the study was chiefly to analyse the possibility of using these methods with a view to increasing productivity in the determination of the liquid limit.
National Civil Engineering Laboratory, PortugalAvenida do Brasil
Lisbon 5, Portugal
- Pereira, O A
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Volume: 18
- TRT Terms: Design; Equipment; Grading (Earthwork); Gravel; Liquid limits; Penetrometers; Research projects; Rubber; Specifications; Steel; Suspension systems; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grading
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 6155: Apparatus (measuring); 6178: Cone penetrometer; 5918: Liquid limit; 6288: Test method
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Materials; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00265233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM