Safety Limit Study of the Gravity Center Height for a Loaded Wagon under Cross-Wind
The application conditions of the safety limit of height of gravity center of loaded wagon in “The railway freight loads and firms regulation” are not described in detail. In this paper, the authors established the particular three-dimension dynamic model for the container flat car and the container to simulate the dynamic behavior of freight wagon through the curve under cross-wind. The authors analyzed safety of loaded wagon under different height of gravity center and obtained the safety limit of height of gravity center of loaded wagon under cross-wind. From the analysis of calculation results, the authors found that the height of gravity center can reach 2.2 m or higher when the wind speed is lower than 9 grade; when the wind speed is 9 grade, loaded wagon should run with speed limit while the height of gravity center is over 2.2 m; when the wind speed is 10 grade, loaded wagon should run with speed limit while the height of gravity center is over 1.9 m; when the wind grade is 11 or above, loaded wagon should run with speed limit or stop running.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9780784479384
- © 2015 American Society of Civil Engineers.
Reston, VA United States 20191-4400
- Li, Meiyan
- Fifth International Conference on Transportation Engineering
- Location: Dalian , China
- Date: 2015-9-26 to 2015-9-27
- Publication Date: 2015-9
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- Pagination: n.p.
- Monograph Title: ICTE 2015
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Crosswinds; Freight cars; Freight trains; Gravity; Railroad safety; Running speed; Wind
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; I70: Traffic and Transport;
- Accession Number: 01579415
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 9780784479384
- Files: TRIS, ASCE
- Created Date: Sep 21 2015 3:04PM