EVALUATION OF THE MICROCAPSULE PRESSURE MEASUREMENT PADS
Dye-filled microcapsule pads for measurement of contact surface pressures, were evaluated in simulated automobile crash tests on test dummies restrained by seat belts. The microcapsule pads were exposed to belt loads on the dummy's chest and abdomen and to head impacts against the head rest. In a limited amount of testing good agreement was found between the pressures measured with microcapsule pads and corresponding values computed from belt tension and head acceleration measurements.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Radovich, V G
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Deployable head restraints; Dummies; Headrests; Impact tests; Instruments for measuring loads or pressure; Manual safety belts; Measurement; Pressure; Simulation; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contact pressure
- Old TRIS Terms: Pads; Pressure measurement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00265104
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801172 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1975 12:00AM