TESTING URBAN TRANSIT'S FUTURE
The Highway Users Federation has developed a sketch planning process for quick analysis of proposed improvements to urban transit. It gives procedures for analysis of broad policy of transit improvements. It includes information on calibration for a modal split model, data from the Nationwide Urban Transit Study and trip characteristics from the study, selecting test alternatives, how to induce demand program costs and revenues and Nationwide study results.
- Presented to the Transportation Convention of the American Society of Civil Engineers in Montreal, Canada, July 15, 1974.
Highway Users Federation for Safety and Mobility1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Reed Jr, M F
- Difiglio, C
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Demand; Improvements; Mathematical models; Methodology; Modal split; Planning; Policy; Public transit; Revenues; Transportation planning; Trip generation; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation; Models
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00264961
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Memo No. 10 Tech Study
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1981 12:00AM