FORUM EXHIBITION TRAIN. WHY? FOR WHOM?
LE TRAIN-EXPOSITION. POURQUOI? POUR QUI?
This train has been designed by the SNCF to present to the public, where they live, the manufactured goods and products of French industries, which moreover had expressed the wish for a mobile exhibition of this kind. The exhibits are displayed in a trainset comprising SNCF coaches and vehicles fitted out for the purpose; the trainset provides all the amenities required daily by the staff accompanying the train during the tours, arranged between the SNCF and the applicant(s), which may last several days (hotel coaches). The article explains the origin of the train, what it represents for the industrial undertakings, the success it is likely to have and possible tours abroad, in a word a very promising future which, for the railway, represents a new market that may be modest but it not negligible when profitability and economic repercussions are taken into account.
Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer Francais92 rue Bonaparte
75 Paris 6e, France
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 392-396
- TRT Terms: Public relations; Railroad trains
- Identifier Terms: Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exhibits
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050642
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: French National Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM