RAILWAY TRACK MEASUREMENT USING LASER BEAM AS A REFERENCE LINE
SPARMATING MED LASERSTRALE SOM REFERENSLINJE
At present a project aiming at improving calculation methods for studying interaction between track and traction bogies is being carried out by ASEA. For this project precise information on rail configuration is necessary. A method of measuring straight unloaded tracks is described in this article. The method uses a laser beam as a reference line approximately parallel to the rail. Along the rail is drawn a detector which can measure the distance between the laser beam and the centre of the light-sensitive detector surface. This makes it possible to determine the deviations of the rail from the straight line defined by the laser beam.
- Sjpolvist, T
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Issue Number: 1/2
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Locomotives; Railroad tracks; Standards; Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Track standards
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050582
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 24 1976 12:00AM