DRIVER INJURY IN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS INVOLVING CERTAIN CAR MODELS: AN UPDATE
This report is an update of a study on driver injuries in crashes of particular make and year automobiles. The variables considered were: the make and year of the vehicle, the type of driver injury, the type of crash: the speed of the vehicle, the impact site on the car, and the object of impact (car vs. car, car vs. fixed object, ran off road). These were then compared to a reference group which consisted of injuries suffered in 140 crashes of all possible car and accident types. Tables are presented giving, by make-model groups, the injury indices and their statistical significance.
University of North Carolina, Chapel HillHighway Safety Research Center
Chapel Hill, NC USA 27599
- Campbell, B J
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Collisions; Compact automobiles; Crash injury research; Crash severity; Crash types; Impacts; Injuries; Research; Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00264358
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM