HIGH-INTENSITY REFLECTIVE MATERIALS FOR SIGNS
Field observations and laboratory tests and evaluations were conducted on High-Intensity and Engineering Grade materials (Scotchlite), manufactured by the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company, and were compared in regard to reflectivity, durability, and cost. The High-Intensity Grade materials were found to have outstanding performance characteristics in comparison to Engineering Grade materials. The material significantly enhances sign legibility under low-beam illumination, and accelerated weathering tests showed superior durability.
- Record URL:
- Prepared for Presentation to the 33rd Annual Meeting of the SASHTO, October 16-19,1974, Louisville, Kentucky.
Frankfort, KY United States 40622
- Rizenbergs, R L
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Durability; Legibility; Low beamed headlamps; Materials; Performance tests; Reflective signs; Reflectivity; Reflectorized materials; Traffic signs; Weathering
- Old TRIS Terms: Low beamed headlights; Traffic sign materials
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00264347
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Research Rpt#397
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM