THE AEROCAR "FLYING AUTOMOBILE"
This paper presents a discussion of the Aerocar, the flying automobile, which has been undergoing continuing development for many years. In the past, the lack of utility and of transportation convenience had caused the conventional light airplane to be attractive to only a few individuals as compared with the omnipresent automobile. Technical developments in the flying automobile field have proved the basic soundness and practicability of such vehicles. The engineering problems involved in arriving at a technically successful model are enumerated along with a description of interesting features unique to the Aerocar.
New York, NY USA 10017
- TAYLOR, M B
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft; Automobiles; Automotive engineering; Properties of materials; Utility theory; Vehicle characteristics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Convenience
- Old TRIS Terms: Practicality; Utility
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00264336
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740393
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM