EVALUATION OF AIRCRAFT INTERNAL NOISE
Methods are outlined to calculate the cabin noise levels due to the three main noise sources-the boundary-layer pressure fluctuations, jet exhaust, and internal equipment. Formulas for quick estimation of overall noise levels due to these sources as well as methods to obtain octave band levels are given. The paper also discusses manufacture or service-related noises and methods for identifying their sources.
New York, NY USA 10017
- GANESAN, N
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft noise; Boundary layer; Equipment; Exhaust gases; Jet propelled aircraft; Noise control; Sound level; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Jets
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft equipment; Internal vibration
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00264325
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740360
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM