CRASH-RESISTANT FUEL TANKS FOR HELICOPTERS AND GENERAL AVAIATION AIRCRAFT
Crashworthy fuel tanks have been developed for U.S. Army helicopters which have demonstrated excellent performance in over three years of service. Although design guidelines evolving from this work have a direct bearing on the application of crashworthy fuel cells for general aviation aircraft, additional development work is required to provide tanks with minimum cost and weight penalties.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Smith, H D
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Crashworthiness; Design standards; Fuel cells; Fuel tanks; Helicopters
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00264323
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740358
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM