ABSTRACTS OF REPORTS PREPARED BY THE ROADS DIVISION
Abstracts are presented of reports relating to traffic planning for smaller towns, road construction and road traffic. A representative cross-section includes the following: report on Administration of Arterial Road Program; A Study of Highway Construction and Maintenance Operational Management in the Republic of Ireland; The International Road Research Documentation System: Civil Engineering Technicians in the Local Authority Service; Dublin Transportation Study Report; Road Construction with Gravel in Ireland; Nailed Timber Post and Rail Fences; Public Lighting in Ireland; The Influence of Traffic on the Design of Road Pavement in Ireland; A Pilot Scale Experiment to Study the Performance of Small-bore Slotted Plastics Pipes; Stained Wire Fence; Frost Penetration under Roads in Ireland; The Drainage of Rural Roads; Draft Specification for Road Works; Studies to Assess the Implications of Increased Single Axle Loads; A Review of the Regulations for Weights and Dimensions of Commercial Vehicles; Some Guidelines on Road Fence in the Landscape; A Study of Dense Aggregate Gradations Specified for Bituminous Mixtures; An Analysis of Road Asphalt Samples; Coated Chippings in Rolled Asphalt; The Influence of Asphaltic Cement on the Resistance to Skidding of Rolled Asphalt; The Wear and Skid-Resistance Characteristics of Selected Road Aggregates; Accounting Procedures for Local Authority Engineering Services; A review of Analysis Results for Samples of Rolled Asphalt and Coated Macadam; A Study of the Effects of Temperature on Pavement Friction: Polished Stone Values and Engineering Properties of Road-making Aggregates in Ireland; The Use of the Deflection Beam in Evaluating the Strength of Flexible Road Pavement; Road Accident Facts; A Computer Program to Analyze SCRIM Data; Report on Visual Classification Counting on the Arterial Road Newtork; Road Inventory Manual; Proposed Warrants for the Installation of Traffic Singals at Intersections; Vehicle Number Projections; and A Road Needs Study.
An Foras ForbarthaSt Martin's House, Waterloo Road
Dublin 4, Ireland
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Aggregates; Chippings; Crashes; Drying; Highway design; Highway maintenance; Information dissemination; Inventory; Lighting; Pipe; Plastics; Public administration; Research; Reviews; Road construction; Skid resistance; Specifications; Traffic; Transportation planning; Urban areas
- Old TRIS Terms: Aggregate drying; Traffic administration
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00264243
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM