BRAKE FLUID TEMPERATURES OBTAINED IN ALPINE VEHICLE TRAILS
The brake fluid temperatures of three passenger cars were monitored during Alpine vehicle trials in Italy and Switzerland. Comparison of the data obtained with those from similar evaluations in the United States shows that European conditions can make greater high-temperature demands on brake fluid, temperatures above 150 degrees C being frequently experienced. The high-temperature performance requirements of European brake fluids are discussed.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Burgess, I
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Brake fluids; High temperature; Performance tests; Temperature measurement; Trials
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00264218
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740126
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM