The threat of an energy crisis puts a new dimension to electrification and the new Black Mesa and Lake Powell Railroad in Arizona becomes an important milepost in electrification. It is the first application anywhere of 50,000-volt units to railroad electrification. This article describes in detail the design, construction, components and use of this new electric railroad.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric locomotives; Railroad electrification
- Identifier Terms: Black Mesa and Lake Powell Railroad
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050560
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM