OCCUPANT PROTECTION IN CAR-TO-CAR IMPACTS
An analytical study defines the interaction of the occupant and the vehicle as a system for car-to-car impacts. Using basic relationships, the question of vehicle stiffness and mass differential effects on the occupant is discussed. The vehicle characteristics used for the car-to-car impacts are developed from barrier impact data.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Fischer, R G
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Constraints; Crashworthiness; Impact studies; Impact tests; Simulation; Stiffness tests; Vehicle characteristics; Vehicle occupants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00264133
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740316
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1977 12:00AM