THE COMING EXPLOSION IN TRACK RESEARCH
In past years track research was a non-activity for railroads, or, for that matter, for anyone else. The current picture, as brought out by a succession of speakers at the recent AREA convention in Chicago, presents dramatic changes. Outstanding among these is the decision of the Federal government, through the Federal Railroad Administration, to project itself into the track research picture in a substantial way. Also, the AAR is committing more money to this area than ever before. Individual railroads are getting into the act too, either on their own or jointly with the FRA. The supply industry, through the Railway Progress Institute, is also deeply involved.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Dick, M
- Publication Date: 1973-4-9
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Railroad tracks; Research; Research projects
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development; Research programs
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00050555
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM