ELECTROBUS--REVIEWS OF 9000 MILES OF CITY TRANSIT DEMONSTRATIONS.
A simple, battery-operated, long life, low maintenance, city transit electric bus has been developed with low pollution and low noise emission features. Performance and power measurements have been taken from demonstrations at several typical urban center city bus service operations. From test results detailed in this paper, it is shown that the electric bus obtains 11.5 miles/gal of fuel compared to 3.5 and 6.0 miles/gal for equivalent sized gasoline and diesel engine buses in similar urban transit service.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Borisoff, B
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Bus transit; Central business districts; Demonstration projects; Electric batteries; Electric buses; Energy; Fuel consumption; Measurement; Power output
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus transportation (Intracity); Power measurements
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00264110
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740170
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1981 12:00AM