THE RAILROAD DIESEL FUEL SITUATION
"A breakdown of the rail service for lack of diesel fuel or other reasons would cause a breakdown in the system of those producers who rely on it. Massive unemployment would quickly follow and shortages appear." There is no need to debate whether we have an Energy Crisis now or will have one soon. The fact is that, from the standpoint of the railroads, there is not now enough diesel fuel available from domestic sources to meet our growing energy requirements. The railroads' requirements are growing because the demand for rail freight transportation continues to increase - and it is growing at a more rapid rate than studies by the industry and Department of Transportation portation indicated just a few years ago.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/3662854
National Defense Transportation Association50 South Pickett Street, 220
Alexandria, VA United States 22304-3008
- Ailes, S
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy resources; Fuel conservation; Fuels; Supply
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel shortage
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050550
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM