DEVELOPMENT OF A MODEL FOR TRUCK-CAB BASED ON OPERATOR TASK
A methodology has been developed which is capable of generating design criteria for truck-cab control and display elements. The method combined driver behaviors determined by a task analysis with graphic theories of system interactions to analyze the influences of cab design features on safety-critical driver behavior. The end product of the method is a series of control and display categories, each containing the desirable design criteria of the category elements. All criteria and categories are assigned weighting factors to be used during "hard design" tradeoffs.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Young, P B
- Rabideau, G F
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Control devices; Design; Drivers; Information display systems; Methodology; Truck terminals; Trucks; Vehicle characteristics; Visual perception
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Displays
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00264092
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No 740273
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 9 1975 12:00AM