BEARINGS TO RUN 6000,000 MILES
While the FRA has proposed a rule which would set forth minimum standards for lubrication of journal bearings for lubrication, the Timken Company has introduced a new XP (Extended Performance) bearing that is designed to operate for 600,000 miles or a period not to exceed ten years with no periodic relubrication, bearing reconditioning or disassembly during the lengthened interval.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Railway Locomotives and Cars
- Volume: 147
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Lubrication; Roller bearings
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050545
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM