PATTERNS OF AUTOMOBILE CRASH DAMAGE
An analysis of 15,000 repair estimates written nationwide on 1973 model passenger cars has been completed by State Farm Mutual Auto Insurance Company. Among the findings presented in this paper are the distribution of impact points around the car, distribution of repair cost, repair and replacement frequencies of certain components, and an analysis of repair cost spending by component assembly. A procedure is described which will monitor the crash damage sustained by new cars through the systematic collection and analysis of insurance company damage repair estimates. The availability and limitations of other insurance industry data sources are also discussed.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Sorenson, Willy W
- Gardner, R E
- Casassa III, J
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Costs; Crash rates; Crashes; Data analysis; Insurance; Loss and damage; Mathematical analysis; Repairing; Vehicle classification; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Repairs
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00264082
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740065
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM