A FLEET OPERATOR'S COMMENTS ON FMVSS 121 BRAKING SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY
This paper discusses the compatibility related problems observed during limited fleet tests and evaluation of FMVSS 121 braking systems. Test data, observations, and possible solutions are presented with emphasis on the need for more extensive investigation in this area to ensure that the goal of FMVSS 121 improved truck safety-is assured.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Lewis, J M
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Evaluation; Fleet management; Testing; Tractor trailer combinations; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compatibility; Fleets
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck brakes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00264079
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740049
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM