TESTS OF CURRENT AND EXPERIMENTAL CHILD RESTRAINT SYSTEMS
The objective of this study is to investigate the protection potential offered by various production and prototype child restraint systems. In order to achieve this, it is necessary to determine which parameters of child seat performance are relevant to injury prevention. A detailed discussion of these parameters is given in the text. The dynamic performance of 10 child auto-car seats, two harnesses and three infant restraint systems are discussed. The head excursion, head and chest accelerations and overall system performance are presented.
New York, NY United States 10017
- STALNAKER, R L
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Evaluation; Injuries; Restraint systems; Safety equipment; Seats; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Parameters
- Old TRIS Terms: Minors; Passenger restraints
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00264075
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740045
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM