TIRE ROUGHNESS--WHICH TIRE NONUNIFORMITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE
A technique has been developed to determine which tire nonuniformities are responsible for tire roughness. The measurement and interpretation of high-speed uniformity and instrumented vehicle data is discussed. The results presented emphasize the necessity of viewing the tire and the vehicle as a dynamically coupled system rather than as two separate and distinct components.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Marshall, K D
- Wik, T R
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Roughness; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Characteristics
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00264067
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740066
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM