MATHEMATICAL MODEL TO SIMULATE SAFE HANDLING OF AUTOMOBILE-TIRE COMBINATIONS AND DRIVER'S SKILLS INTERACTIONS
A driver's mathematical model has been developed in an attempt to find a satisfactory simulation of man's sensitivity and reaction to road stimuli. A merely theoretical approach to study the interaction between driver's behavior and car response thus becomes possible, since a 14 deg of freedom car model is already available, which reproduces car handling on both smooth and bumpy roads. Any car maneuver can now be simulated, irrespective of its hazardousness and no longer neglecting man's behavior.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Rinanapoli, L
- Bergomi, R
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile drivers; Drivers; Driving simulators; Handling characteristics; Human characteristics; Mathematical models; Reaction time; Steering; Vehicle characteristics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver characteristics; Driver reaction; Handling
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00264066
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740069
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM