PROXIMITY MEASURING FOR USE IN COLLISION DETECTION SYSTEMS
The various methods available for proximity measuring are described and evaluated, resulting in the choice of radar as the best method available. Radar does have its drawbacks, however, and its major liability is the production of a possible health hazard in the form of microwave radiation. Limits imposed by the U.S. government are presented and compared to values obtained from a proposed system.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Tartaglia, P
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Detectors; Federal government; Health; Microwaves; Radar; Radiation hazards; Regulations; Standards
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00264061
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740098
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM