MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION REPORT AUTOMATION AND UTILIZATION
This is the final report of the 1973 Multisciplinary Accident Investigation (MDAH) Report Automation and Utilization contract. It contains a summary of contract accomplishments and a discussion of data preparation, data system and utilization of the data. Appendices include a list of all contract documentation, accident and injury causation coding systems and an index of all automated MDAI case reports. Over 6,000 clinical accident investigations have been conducted to-date (December 1973). These reports sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association, and the Canadian Department of Transportation, are being edited and processed into a common data base. All sponsors are also being provided direct access to the data base through the University of Michigan's time-shared computer system via remote batch and interactive terminals. The data base contains data recorded on an annotated "Collision Performance and Injury Report." The NHTSA has sponsored the automation of the MDAI reports, the documentation of the MDAI report editing procedures, the development of accident and injury causation coding systems, the addition of new data bank variables and a unique feature of the 1973 contract--the active involvement of NHTSA data users.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- MARSH IV, J C
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 248 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Crash reports; Data analysis; Databases; Information processing; Mathematical analysis; Multidisciplinary teams; Time sharing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00263951
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-SA-73-13 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-3-589
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1974 12:00AM