MODELING, SIMULATION AND VERIFICATION OF IMPACT DYNAMICS. VOLUME 1. EXECUTIVE REPORT
This document is the summary report of an investigation of the Modeling, Simulation and Verification of Impact Dynamics. The goals of this study were (i) determine the state-of-the-art of computer simulation of vehicle impact relative to the needs of NHTSA, (ii) review the state-of-the-art of impact testing, (iii) assess the need and feasibility of extending the state-of-the-art, (iv) make recommendations for the development of advanced simulations. Detailed results of the study including the development of a component frame module for advanced simulations is discussed in the other three volumes of the final report. In this volume the results and conclusions of the entire study are summarized. in addition the report includes a summary of current simulation capability, assessment of feasibility of developing advanced simulations, and a recommended methodology for their development. /NHTSA/
- This report was Sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C.
Highway Safety Research InstituteDepartment of Applied Mechanics and Engineering Science
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- McIvor, I K
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash injury research; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Impact studies; Impact tests; Mathematical models; Passengers; Research; Simulation; State of the art studies; Vehicle components; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00263741
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-800 996 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1974 12:00AM