NOISE IN ENGINEERING AND TRANSPORTATION AND ITS EFFECT ON THE COMMUNITY
This paper discusses the sources of noise pollution in the civilized human environment and reviews the numerous criteria which have evolved for their assessment and description. It is stressed that criteria should be established in simple basic units and dBA values are recommended. By far the most common single source of annoyance is that of road transportation noise and this aspect has been covered in specific detail. Methods of predicting vehicle noise from the engine design and operating parameters are shown and some measures for noise reduction are discussed. /Author/
- This report is from the Automotive Engineering Congress Conference held in Detroit, Michigan from 11-15 January 1971.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Priede, T
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Engines; Forecasting; Noise; Noise control; Traffic noise; Vehicle dynamics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00263562
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 710061 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1974 12:00AM