OPTIMUM FIXED-TIME TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS FOR MULTIPLE NETWORKS
OPTIMAAL STARRE VERKEERSREGELSYSTEMEN VOOR GROTE NETWERKEN
A method of determining an optimum phase plan in a large multiple network of controlled intersections when part networks within the network have already been optimised independently is discussed. The model gives a linear function which is minimised, with linear restrictions partly in continuous, partly in whole-number limited variables. This problem can be solved with a mixed-integer linear programming routine. It can be proved that the restrictions matrix has the unimodular property, so that a pivot transformation can be greatly accelerated. The model is particularly suitable for an integral approach to a large network by step-by-step optimisation, in which the choice of part networks within the networks, part networks within these part networks, etc. Permits the reduced network that is being optimised to be brought into alignment with the available computer facilities or desired processing in time.
- This paper was presented at INTERTRAFFIC '72.
International Congress on TrafficEuropaplein
- Kligzing, P
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Mathematical models; Networks; Optimization; Pretimed traffic signal controllers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- ITRD Terms: 8525: Conference; 8673: Digital computer; 577: Fixed time (signals); 6997: Frequency; 455: Junction; 6484: Linear system; 6473: Mathematical model; 8078: Netherlands; 1053: Road network; 654: Traffic control; 565: Traffic signal; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00263417
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM